Designing curriculum for your course can seem like a daunting task, but there is help! OTL has instructional designers whose job it is to assist in the design of curriculum.
Instructional Designers always work in tandem with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to develop and deliver content, which is why it is extremely important that projects be given enough time to be analyzed and developed with a coordinated effort.
There are overlapping responsibilities between the two, but for the most part, the subject-matter expert needs to provide as much instructional content as they can to the instructional designer, as the designer is not in charge of learning the content or becoming the teacher of the course, but rather in optimizing the course for consumption by students.
The podcast below can also help to explore the role of the instructional designer in higher education, in general.
Services OTL Provides
OTL provides the following services for instructors and program coordinators with their Canvas courses:
- Course Design
- Canvas Courses and Blueprints
- Bridge Courses and Programs
- Conducting Course Evaluations (making sure that a course has high quality design for students)
- Assessment Audit (improving test items)
- Building Interactive Content in H5P (submit a request for this here)
- Developing Hybrid Assignments
- Canvas & Bridge Troubleshooting
- OER Searches for Relevant Content
If you have questions about any of these services, please email email@example.com.