2022 is coming to a close! OTL has gone through a number of changes this year with hiring new personnel, and we’re working hard to capitalize on new opportunities to support MTECH and its faculty. Thank you to everyone who has helped us along the way. We’re looking forward to 2023!
Speaking of the new year, there are a few reminders and announcements we wanted to send out.
Upcoming Dates to Know
- Thursday, November 3 @ 3:30pm, OTL Webinar on Digital Badges
- Friday, December 9, Canvas Course Request Deadline
- Thursday, December 22, MTECH Christmas Social
- December OTL Webinar TBA
- Please welcome Brent Gregson as our new Faculty Development Specialist. Brent has a strong background in training and teacher development and is looking forward to working with all of you to improve the training and support provided by the Office of Teaching and Learning! If you didn’t get a chance to watch the recent MTECH Townhall, you should go take a look! Brent was given time to introduce himself and his new role in OTL.
- Instructure Canvas has acquired Badgr, a platform for awarding badges as microcredentials in your Canvas courses. This is an exciting opportunity to promote and increase engagement. Brent Gregson will be presenting, and additional resources/videos were created by Autumn Krogh to help highlight this new tool. We hope you’ll join us for the upcoming webinar to explore some of the possibilities.
As instructors, you likely find yourself answering the same questions multiple times. To save time you might find yourself copying and pasting a generic response from one reply to the next. Did you know you can take that reply and create a Template email in Gmail? You’ll likely have to enable it in your account settings, but once you have a few template emails setup, they are quick and easy to use. Read Google’s guide here on how to set this up.