Welcome to MTECH — this article will help you get up to speed on using our learning management system, which is called Canvas.
Logging in to Canvas (Desktop)
Use Google Chrome as your web browser, as it works best with Canvas. Internet Explorer does not work with Canvas.
Log in at mtec.instructure.com using your MTECH-issued email address and default password. You can change your Canvas password anytime in the student portal, as this password is the same for the portal, your MTECH-issued Gmail account, and Canvas. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not know your email and password.
- Make sure your name is spelled correctly in the student portal so that your email address is correct.
- Ensure the last 4 digits of your student ID are correct.
- Try using all CAPS for your username and password.
- Open an Incognito Window in Google Chrome and log in to mtec.instructure.com from there (see the gif below).
If you are still struggling with logging in to Canvas after trying these steps, please email email@example.com for a password reset. If the password reset does not work, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Logging in to Canvas (Mobile)
- Download the Canvas Student App onto your phone.
- Type “Mountainland Technical College” in to search for your school.
- Log in with your MTECH student email and password.
How to Use Canvas
- Using the Mobile App (student guide)
- Using the desktop version (student guide)
- Setting Up Course Notifications
- Using Modules
- Accessing Assignments
- Accessing Grades
Note about Notifications
Notifications in Canvas can be set up in two ways, and you can choose either or both of these kinds of notifications:
- Push notifications to all devices that have the Canvas Student App installed on it
- Email notifications to your MTECH-issued student email
Make sure your notifications from Canvas do not go to your spam folder if you are using email notifications. Notifications(at)instructure(dot)com is the email that sends all notifications from Canvas, so make sure it isn’t blocked on any filters.